Since yesterday I have been sewing my little heart out. I made some slipcovers for an ottoman that has been hanging around for years and was badly in need of something to bring it to life. The plan is to make one slip for each season (or for my changing moods). It can be changed out along with the pillows and throws on the sofa and chairs.
This was fashioned from an old throw blanket that was a wedding present many years ago. It had acquired a few stains over the years, but I couldn't part with it. I just love its texture! This was per haps the thickest thing I have ever sewn. Only one needle broke going through all those layers of cording and blanket. Not too bad, huh?
This floral material was actually a Nautica tablecloth. The "wrong" side of the fabric is out for a softer look. A ruffled skirt completes the feminine look I was craving. The creamy cording accents the tan nicely, I think.
This one was created using a Waverly tablecloth. I am not completely staisfied with it--there are a few adjustments to make, but I decided to share it with you anyway.
Three down... one more to go. I also made a ruffled pillow that turned out to be a disaster. The square of fabric in the middle leans to the side like a blade of grass in a tornado. Thank goodness for seamrippers! After my sewing mess is cleaned up, I will show you the ottoman as it coordinates with the rest of the room. After so many hours at the sewing machine, I am to tired to do much else tonight.
I hope your week passes smoothly.
Until next time...